It is possible to maintain a good quality of life despite having MS. To live more successfully with MS, there are some important issues to address:
- Remain proactive in your health care.
- Continue to participate in activities that are enjoyable to you.
- Discuss an exercise program with your physician.
- Do not allow MS to become the sole focus of your life.
- Set goals that create a sense of purpose in your life.
- Keep the lines of communication open in your relationships.
- Build a network of support including family and friends.
- Schedule a time each day for relaxation.
- Maintain a positive attitude toward life.
Remember, it is possible to have MS and lead a full and emotionally rewarding life. Flexibility and adjustment are two factors that aid in maintaining a full and happy life.